This is an old post regarding the BETA translation patch of Catherine: Full Body, there is now a Full translation port patch of this game in this project page.
Here’s an English port of Catherine:Full Body since Atlus decided not to localize it to the Vita then to rub more salt in our wounds decided to make a poll and include this game to one of the possible games to be ported to the switch. Oh yeah, Before I start and probably wondering how is this possible. I don’t have any secret hacks or exploits for the PS4 to get the English assets. This is just good old-fashioned transcribing text from numerous videos on YouTube and my own gameplay. So, most of the untranslated text you may see are text that I have not encounter during my numerous playthrough.
Since there’s a bit progress on the PS4 scene about backporting and decrypting higher firmware games. I decided to wait for that process to mature, be public and have more comprehensive guide before completing this port and save myself from manually typing what I see on the screen. The port is mostly playable, probably 70% and if you play just the story and ignoring random dialogs of the NPC’s you’ll mostly see English text and get all the 13 endings and since today is the anniversary of the release date of this game for the vita here’s the playable BETA English port for everyone to enjoy.
v0.80 (Initial BETA release)
○ All Images that contain text used in menu’s and such
○ Regular Menu/Navigation Text
○ 99% of the Cut-scene and FMV
○ 90% of the cellphone messages
○ 80% of the NPC on the Lounge and Landings (nightmare)
○ All Confessional Questions
○ 70% Quotes on loading screen
What’s NOT translated:
○ Most of the Multiplayer mode (PS4 version needs PS+ so can’t see the text there)
○ Arrow labels
Some text that on cellphone and confessional may have cuts
Maybe some typo’s (since again it’s a manual port and English is not my native language)
Others, you can message me if you found one.
○ Hacked Vita (Enso/h-encore 3.60/3.65/3.68/3.73)
○ Repatch plugin (installed on the Vita and verified working)
○ NoNpDrm plugin (installed on the Vita and verified working)
○ FTP program (Winscp recommended)
○ This English patch
There are no full games here, Please do not make a request. If you cannot follow the instruction on how to dump and patch your own game, please check elsewhere like google or reddit for those pre-patched files.
Files linked are xdelta differences patch files, it does not contain games nor resembles game codes or contents and won’t function or usable on their own. You must have a hacked console to be able to dump your own game for these patch files to work and use the mods.
English windows xdelta patcher for rePatch v0.80 (15.3MB)
How to patch (Windows):
01. Install the Game on your Vita or insert cart and also install the game update v1.03
02. Test the game if it working fine.
03. Extract English patch archive to a folder. ex: “C_FB_v0.80_BETA_patcher”
04. Using Vitashell browse gro0:app/ (if cart) or ux0:app/ (if a PSN game)
05. Highlight the PCSG01179 folder and press Triangle -> then select Open decrypted
06. Press Select and connect Via FTP
07. Using your favorite FTP application on the PC, browse gro0:app/ (if cart)
or ux0:app/ (if a PSN game)
08. Copy PCSG01179 folder to the PC (C_FB_v0.80_BETA_patcher) folder and rename it to PCSG01179_base
09. Browse ux0:patch/ on your Vita again using Vitashell.
10. Highlight PCSG01179 folder and press Triangle -> then select Open decrypted
11. Again on FTP application on the PC, browse ux0:patch/
12. Copy PCSG01179 folder to the PC (C_FB_v0.80_BETA_patcher) folder and rename it to PCSG01179_update
13. Run patch_decrypted.bat, follow its instruction and wait for it to finish patching
14. Copy the contents of inside Copy_to_VITA_ux0 folder to your Vita’s ux0 folder & overwrite all
15. Play the game.
How to install:
1. Copy the contents of inside Copy_to_VITA_ux0 folder to your Vita’s ux0 folder, be sure to have NoNpDrm and rePatch plugin (v3.0) properly installed and working.
2. Run the game.
○ You need to have a overclock plug-in if you used the English mod with 960×544 resolution patch.
○ If there are major bug’s and you want it to be fixed, contact me and send a screenshot of it or the text before or after the text bug.
Earl for Beta testing.