Hello guys, I’ve created this site so I could move my dirty translation projects here, other console related hacks and also some things that’s going around inside my head.
Things are going smoothly as planned. Just minor cosmetic changes and grammatical corrections needed and a beta release might be released soon as I finished ironing stuffs out. I’ve been busy in real life because of the Christmas season, so it might get delayed.
So was testing if it’s possible to port the translation of Dragon quest builders from the PS vita to the Japanese PS3 version. But gave up on it for not working, but it turns out that the modded .psarc just won’t work on my 3k3y ODE and just works fine my friends Cobra ODE and CFW ps3.
– Finished making repacker to make my job much easier
– it seems that replacing a swizzled 2d image with a linear 2d image before converting it back to .gxt and repacking works.
– so it doesn’t matter what compression you used on the 2d texture as long as its supported by the psv and have the right dimension and alpha channels
– its safe to say all images are moldable and replaceable with another format.
– text looks fine, with a minor problem with spaces, maybe the unicode value for 0x2000 is not mapped in the font table.
– thought it was bug, but i just messed up and used too many line breaks
works on my shop pc i3, old NVidia, win7 pc
-hangs on my home pc i7, old AMD, win10 pc
-modded files works on ps3 emulator
-modded files hangs on ps3 ODE
How would I even start porting the English translation when I can’t even test it properly. After all the trouble coding an PS3/Vita phyre to image DDS extractor… Maybe modded files only work for CFW/JB?
* edited most sign board graphics that are essential for easy exploration.
* tutorial images translation done
fixed the bug on my .cat extractor and manage to code an txt extractor for the files inside the mail.cat.
kindda messy and produces 2k+ txt files to be translated, it’s gonna be a paint making an excel translation guide with this setup. Maybe i should code another one that’s easy to import on excel…
Quest translation 100% done, only 65/1850 lines to re-edit and re-inject woohoo! then test, retest, check all mods, double check, then release!
probably another 6 months for the email/text messages translation if I got motivated enough lols.
News on my Natsuiro Highschool Translation Project
Been on a hiatus for a few months cause I’m busy with Real life and helping out on the New Love Plus+ Translation. I was planning on going to left the signboards in Japanese since I cant find/manage to edit them before, but thanks to my involvement on the NLP+ translation I was forced to level up myself and finally figure out how to edit those sign boards that somewhat crucial to the game so you won’t get lost on achieving your quest.
Sorry for the long delay, and I’m still working on this game so keep in touch.
Its a way to return a favor and keep the cycle going, cause there always some other dude will hack/translate other game from any platform for other losers like me to play with…It keeps us inspired, hopeful in life, Unwinds us form the stressful reality and having these games (VN) and hacking makes me sane and out of jail (as for now)